Calendar of Events in New Buffalo 2018
Listing of Community Events and Activities happening In and Around New Buffalo from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
Jan – Feb – Winter Fest activities TBA (weather permitting)
March 24th – New Buffalo Easter Egg Hunt ~ 1pm, American Legion
April 21st – “Beer in the Buff” Craft Brew Festival ~ 12-6pm
- 1st Annual craft beer festival in Lions Park 12-5pm. Over 30 craft beer/spirit tastings, food, and live music. 21 and older event, tickets available here
Jun-Aug (1st Wednesday of each month) – New Buffalo Classic Car Cruise ~ 6-9pm, N. Whittaker Street
- located in downtown New Buffalo ~ Live music, over 40+ classic cars, family fun
May 31st – Sept 6th (weekly) – New Buffalo Farmers Market ~ 4-8pm, N. Whittaker Street
- stroll through downtown New Buffalo each Thursday night and enjoy over 50 produce/food, art/craft vendors, food trucks, live music, and family activities
June 28th – July 5th – Independence Celebration Week ~ Public Beach and Lions Park
- Thurs-Fri – 50% Surf /Paddleboard rentals at the beach by Third Coast Surf
- Tuesday the 3rd–7-12pm – LaPorte Symphony, Food and Fireworks at Lions Park (free for public)
- Thursday the 5th-4-8pm Downtown Farmers Market includes Petting Zoo and Market Bag givieaway
August 10th, Friday – Classic Car Show and Live Music ~ 5-11:30pm, Lions Park
- located in Lions Park (across from public beach, enjoy over 60 classic cars, live music and food vendors – family fun for all – sunset free to all!
- NOTICE: New Buffalo Ship & Shore will not be held for 2018. The NBBA is in the process of re-structuring Ship and Shore for 2019. Our hope is to create an event(s) that our community, residents and visitors alike will enjoy yearly, while meeting the New Buffalo Business Association’s new strategic goals. Any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
August 10th – 12th – MI Largest Garage Sale
- Friday, A/ug 10th – Classic Car Show and live music in Lions Park
- starts in New Buffalo and follows US 12 to Detroit MI
We are sorry to confirm that 2018 Ship & Shore Fest has, in fact, been cancelled for 2018 due to challenges with location and funding this year. The New Buffalo Business Association is still in the process of completing the rest of our 2018 events as part of the overall goals of our organization. We will keep you posted with more details as they are made available….stay turned!
Sunday, Sept 30th – Apple Cider Century – The Apple Cider Century in Three Oaks, Michigan is a bicycle tour of the countryside and towns of Southwest Michigan. Riders enjoy the food, sights and sounds and camaraderie of fall cycling.
Sunday, Oct 7th – Skip’s Annual Chili Cook-off – annual event features restaurant chefs competing with home cooks offering their best chili recipe and more! More info on Facebook.com
Saturday, Oct 20th – New Buffalo Service League Craft Show – Annual Arts & Crafts Show – over 100 booths, food, bake sale
Saturday, Oct 20th – 2nd Annual Islay’s Barrel Brew Fest with Journeyman – 30+ Breweries, Mead/Cideries, and Wineries will be on-site bringing their choice selection of brews. More info on Facebook.com
October 6th, Saturday – 13th Annual Harvest & Wine Fest ~ Noon-9pm, Lions Park (across for New Buffalo Public Beach)
In our 13th year, H&W Fest features over 21 regional wineries, craft ciders, and craft beers to enjoy, live music, art/craft exhibitors and food vendors (Music line up on H&W TBA)
October 28th, Sunday – New Buffalo Halloween Parade and Trick-or-Treat ~ downtown New Buffalo
November 24th – December 15th – Gnome on the Roam Hunt ~ see link for list of participating businesses in New Buffalo. Great “Gnomers” can enter to win grand prize worth $450+. Like us at facebook.com/gnomeroam
November/December – New Buffalo Holiday Events ~ In and Around New Buffalo
- On Saturday, Nov 24th enjoy a Santa breakfast, visit & parade, Shop Local, decorate gingerbread houses, tree lighting & caroling, family fun activities (Nov 24th schedule TBA)
- Lists of local holiday events, activities, dining specials, and much more listed for your enjoyment throughout the season including New Years celebrations