Jan - Dec - Listing of Community Events and Activities happening In and Around New Buffalo
Jan - Feb - Winter Fest activities TBA (weather permitting)
March 24th - New Buffalo Easter Egg Hunt ~ 1pm, American Legion
April 21st - “Beer in the Buff” Craft Brew Festival ~ 12-6pm
Jun-Aug (1st Wednesday of each month) – New Buffalo Classic Car Cruise ~ 6-9pm, N. Whittaker Street
May 31st – Sept 6th (weekly) - New Buffalo Farmers Market ~ 4-8pm, N. Whittaker Street
June 28th – July 5th – Independence Celebration Week ~ Public Beach and Lions Park
August 10th, Friday - Classic Car Show and Live Music ~ 5-11:30pm, Lions Park
August 10th - 12th - MI Largest Garage Sale
We are sorry to confirm that 2018 Ship & Shore Fest has, in fact, been cancelled for 2018 due to challenges with location and funding this year. The New Buffalo Business Association is still in the process of completing the rest of our 2018 events as part of the overall goals of our organization. We will keep you posted with more details as they are made available….stay turned!
October 6th, Saturday - 13th Annual Harvest & Wine Fest ~ Noon-9pm, Lions Park (across for New Buffalo Public Beach)
October 28th, Sunday - New Buffalo Halloween Parade and Trick-or-Treat ~ downtown New Buffalo
November 24th - December 15th - Gnome on the Roam Hunt ~ participating businesses in New Buffalo TBA
November/December – New Buffalo Holiday Events ~ In and Around New Buffalo
• Saturday, May 19th - Pure Michigan Spring Jazz & Blues Concert - Jazz and Blues concert at Lion’s Park starting at 1:00pm EST
• Monday, May 28th - Memorial Day Parade - Annual tribute to Veterans. Parade leaves downtown New Buffalo and proceeds along US 12 to the Cemetery where a memorial service is conducted. Line-up will begin at City Hall at 9:00 am with a brief ceremony and the parade kicking off right after.
• Thursday-Sunday, May 31st - June 3rd - St. Mary’s Family Festival - St. Mary of the Lake Parish hosts the Annual St. Mary’s Family Festival on a different weekend for this year only. A week of raffles, silent auctions, food, midway games, and carnival rides to kick off Summer in New Buffalo! Fun for all ages and perfect for all families and visitors! Tickets and more information, click HERE
• Friday, June 1, 2018 to Sunday, June 3 - CAT FIGHT VII 2018 Championships - After a 13 year hiatus, the venerable Cat Fight is returning to the Great Lakes. We’re also bringing it to you from a brand-new CRAM location in New Buffalo. CRAM is excited to announce that CRAW (Catamaran Racing Association of Wisconsin) will be joining us this year and hopefully for many years to come. Location: New Buffalo Lakefront, Hours: Noon, Friday, June 1 through 8:00 pm Sunday, June 3. Free to the public, Public bathrooms. For more information, click HERE
• Saturday June 16 - Le Tour de Shore - 2-day recreational charity bike ride from Millennium Park, Chicago, IL to the Indiana Dunes, (55 miles); and then, on day 2, to City Beach, New Buffalo, MI (45 miles). Explore dedicated lakefront and dune land, bike paths, and scenic Harbor Country secondary roads. New Buffalo is a hosting spot for rest, water and food from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm (in New Buffalo). For more information, click HERE
• Saturday, August 4th - New Buffalo Yacht Club Sausage and Corn Fest
For more events in Harbor Country - click here
Stroll the streets every Thursday night in New Buffalo! Enjoy the Farmers Market offering different vendors each week including: produce, meats/seafood, artisan cheeses, baked goods/desserts, artists, crafts, food vendors, clothing, antiques, services, and live entertainment. Featuring food trucks for Thursday night dinners too! Follow us on Facebook for updates and announcements: facebook.com/newbuffalofarmersmarket
Dates: Market runs each Thursday from May 31st - Sept 6th
Location: N. Whittaker - downtown New Buffalo
Hours: 4pm-8pm EST with live music from 5-7pm (EST)
Free to the public, ATM on-site, Public Bathrooms
Enjoy a summer night in downtown New Buffalo with over 40 classic and vintage cars on display. Located on N. Whittaker Street in New Buffalo. 6 - 9PM (EST). 1st Wednesday of each month June - Aug, weather permitting. Free to the public, pet and child friendly!
Car owners: Free to join, no prior sign sign up needed. Parking on main street and Merchant Street, food specials and discounts from local retailers and restaurants, live music on the corner. Great location and fun for the entire family!!! Need additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The New Buffalo Classic Cruise IN’s are pro bono community events organized and managed by the NBBA, businesses, and volunteers in our area. Any donations or sponsorships are appropriated to the New Buffalo Business Association and activities surrounding this event. Thank you for helping to support these events!
In celebration of the harvest in Southwest Michigan, this one day event boasts award-winning wines from regional vineyards along craft beers and hard-ciders, all under one roof! Join us Noon to 9pm (EST) at Lions Beachfront Park, downtown New Buffalo. Come rain or shine, the event is tented so you can come out and stay all day! $5 entrance fee per adult, kids under 12 are free! Follow us on Facebook for updates and announcements: facebook.com/newbuffaloharvestwinefest
Happenings at the Fest…
Our Music Line-up will keep your toes tapping and dancing the night away… (2018 schedule TBA)
Four Winds Casino, Coldwell Banker, Meridian Title, Berkshire Hathaway, Michigan Grape & Wine Industry Council, Equalibrium Fitness, Stray Dog Bar & Grill, Fusion Design Group, New Buffalo Savings Bank, Marina Grand Resort, The Harbor Grand, New Buffalo Explored, Beachside Scoops, Harbor Country Insurance, LaRose & Bosco, New Buffalo Times, Harbor Country News
Vendor application in documents folder on Harvest & Wine page
Planned in conjunction with the well-established “Harbor Country Harvest Days” the NBBA fest serves as a focal-point to the Columbus Day Weekend. To learn more about the month-long activites going on in our area click here. The New Buffalo Harvest & Wine Festival is a community event organized and managed by the NBBA, businesses, and volunteers in our area. Any donations or sponsorships are appropriated to the New Buffalo Business Association and activities surrounding this event. Thank you for helping to support these events!
Judging will start at 1pm (EST) and the Halloween Parade will commence at 1:45pm in downtown New Buffalo. The route will start on N. Thompson St. and conclude at the City of New Buffalo’s Fire Station.
Trick or Treating in town will be from 2:30-4:30pm. Come out and cheer on the kids, have treats ready and celebrate Halloween the New Buffalo way!
The New Buffalo Halloween Parade is a pro bono community event organized and managed by the Halloween Committee of volunteers in the area. Any donations or sponsorships are appropriated to the City of New Buffalo Halloween Fund and activities surrounding this event. Thank you for helping to support these events!
Spend the Holidays IN and AROUND New Buffalo and enjoy all that we have to offer….Listed are activities and places to enjoy throughout the season….
Kick off the holidays on Saturday, Nov 24th with Santa visits, a parade, gingerbread decorations, cocoa/cookies, crafts, tree lighting, caroling, and much more presented by the NBBA. Gnome on the Roam kicks off the season with this fun activity - search and find Gnomes at New Buffalo businesses and enter for a give-away prize valued over $400!!!! Additional schedule of Holiday events, restaurant specials, lodging, and happenings will be listed on Happenings Page
The New Buffalo Holiday Events are pro bono community events organized and managed by the NBBA, businesses, and volunteers in our area. Any donations or sponsorships are appropriated to the New Buffalo Holiday Santa Parade and activities surrounding this event. Thank you for helping to support these events!
Sample Schedule (final schedule TBA)
• 9-12PM BREAKFAST WITH SANTA AT ROSIEʼS RESTAURANT at 128 N Whittaker Street, 269-469-4382, open to the public
• 9AM-9PM CHRISTMAS TREE & WREATH SALES at Lakeview Video, S. Whittaker, throughout the Christmas Season
• 11AM SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY KICK OFF Like us on FB/newbuffalo for details of promos/sales at participating businesses
• 11AM HOLIDAY CRAFT/PAINTING AT ELSIE EARL STUDIOS at 200 W. Buffalo St 734-646-6633 - Open to public, fee for craft
• 2PM GINGERBREAD HOUSE DECORATING AT JACKIEʼS CAFE at 801 W Buffalo St, NB, 269-469-1800, free to all ~ Reservations required
• 4PM SANTA PARADE ON WHITTAKER ST Starting at the corner of Thompson & Mechanic St., goodies bags ~ Visit with Santa immediately after parade at Lions Park across from public beach
• 4:30PM HOT COCOA AND SʼMORES AT LIONS PAVILION at 101 N Marquette Drive, free to all (sponsored by David’s DelI)
• 6PM TREE LIGHTING AND CAROLING by St. Mary’s Choir at Lions Park, 101 N Marquette Drive
*All Season GNOME ON THE ROAM HUNT like and follow us at FB/gnomeroam for details
“Gnome of the Roam” hunt is fun way to shop, support, and explore our area while enjoying hunting for the little guys at each participating location throughout the holiday season. Cards can be picked up at each businesses that will host one of 30 Gnomes. Locate the Gnome at each location, have the business mark it off your list and when your card is complete be entered to win a holiday gift basket filled with goodies from our local retailers and services, valuing over $450. Happy Hunting!
Participating locations TBA
The New Buffalo Gnome on the Roam is a pro bono community events organized and managed by the NBBA, businesses, and volunteers in our area. Any donations or sponsorships are appropriated to the New Buffalo Business Association and activities surrounding this event. Thank you for helping to support these events!
Site design by Fusion Design Group, LTD