Jan - Dec - Listing of Community Events and Activities happening In and Around New Buffalo
Jan - Feb - Winter Fest activities TBA (weather permitting)
March 24th - New Buffalo Easter Egg Hunt ~ 1pm, American Legion
April 21st - “Beer in the Buff” Craft Brew Festival ~ 12-6pm
Jun-Aug (1st Wednesday of each month) – New Buffalo Classic Car Cruise ~ 6-9pm, N. Whittaker Street
May 31st – Sept 6th (weekly) - New Buffalo Farmers Market ~ 4-8pm, N. Whittaker Street
June 28th – July 5th – Independence Celebration Week ~ Public Beach and Lions Park
August 10th, Friday - Classic Car Show and Live Music ~ 5-11:30pm, Lions Park
August 10th - 12th - MI Largest Garage Sale
We are sorry to confirm that 2018 Ship & Shore Fest has, in fact, been cancelled for 2018 due to challenges with location and funding this year. The New Buffalo Business Association is still in the process of completing the rest of our 2018 events as part of the overall goals of our organization. We will keep you posted with more details as they are made available….stay turned!
October 6th, Saturday - 13th Annual Harvest & Wine Fest ~ Noon-9pm, Lions Park (across for New Buffalo Public Beach)
October 28th, Sunday - New Buffalo Halloween Parade and Trick-or-Treat ~ downtown New Buffalo
November 24th - December 15th - Gnome on the Roam Hunt ~ participating businesses in New Buffalo TBA
November/December – New Buffalo Holiday Events ~ In and Around New Buffalo
• Sunday, Sept 30th - Apple Cider Century - The Apple Cider Century in Three Oaks, Michigan is a bicycle tour of the countryside and towns of Southwest Michigan. Riders enjoy the food, sights and sounds and camaraderie of fall cycling.
• Sunday, Oct 7th - Skip’s Annual Chili Cook-off - annual event features restaurant chefs competing with home cooks offering their best chili recipe and more! More info on Facebook.com
• Saturday, Oct 20th - New Buffalo Service League Craft Show - Annual Arts & Crafts Show - over 100 booths, food, bake sale
• Saturday, Oct 20th - 2nd Annual Islay’s Barrel Brew Fest with Journeyman - 30+ Breweries, Mead/Cideries, and Wineries will be on-site bringing their choice selection of brews. More info on Facebook.com
More activities coming soon…
Enjoy a fun-filled Halloween day with a costumed parade and trick-ro-treating with the business and community of New Buffalo
New Buffalo Halloween Parade; Schedule: Arrival for judging at 2pm, judging and prize awards at 2:30, parade steps off at 3:00pm through downtown New Buffalo. Afterwards enjoy hearing “Trick-or-Treat” thought the neighborhoods in our town from 3:30-5:30pm.
The New Buffalo Halloween Parade is pro bono community event organized and managed by the Halloween Committee and volunteers in our area. Any donations or sponsorships are appropriated to the New Buffalo Halloween Parade and activities surrounding this event. Thank you for helping to support our town!
Spend the Holidays IN and AROUND New Buffalo and enjoy all that we have to offer….Listed are activities and places to enjoy throughout the season….
Kick off the holidays on Saturday, Nov 24th with Santa visits, a parade, gingerbread decorations, cocoa/cookies, crafts, tree lighting, caroling, and much more presented by the NBBA. Gnome on the Roam kicks off the season with this fun activity - search and find Gnomes at New Buffalo businesses and enter for a give-away prize valued over $400!!!! Additional schedule of Holiday events, restaurant specials, lodging, and happenings will be listed on Happenings Page
The New Buffalo Holiday Events are pro bono community events organized and managed by the NBBA, businesses, and volunteers in our area. Any donations or sponsorships are appropriated to the New Buffalo Holiday Santa Parade and activities surrounding this event. Thank you for helping to support these events!
Sample Schedule (final schedule TBA)
• 9-12PM BREAKFAST WITH SANTA AT ROSIEʼS RESTAURANT at 128 N Whittaker Street, 269-469-4382, open to the public
• 9AM-9PM CHRISTMAS TREE & WREATH SALES at Lakeview Video, S. Whittaker, throughout the Christmas Season
• 11AM SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY KICK OFF Like us on FB/newbuffalo for details of promos/sales at participating businesses
• 11AM HOLIDAY CRAFT/PAINTING AT ELSIE EARL STUDIOS at 200 W. Buffalo St 734-646-6633 - Open to public, fee for craft
• 2PM GINGERBREAD HOUSE DECORATING AT JACKIEʼS CAFE at 801 W Buffalo St, NB, 269-469-1800, free to all ~ Reservations required
• 4PM SANTA PARADE ON WHITTAKER ST Starting at the corner of Thompson & Mechanic St., goodies bags ~ Visit with Santa immediately after parade at Lions Park across from public beach
• 4:30PM HOT COCOA AND SʼMORES AT LIONS PAVILION at 101 N Marquette Drive, free to all (sponsored by David’s DelI)
• 6PM TREE LIGHTING AND CAROLING by St. Mary’s Choir at Lions Park, 101 N Marquette Drive
*All Season GNOME ON THE ROAM HUNT like and follow us at FB/gnomeroam for details
“Gnome of the Roam” hunt is fun way to shop, support, and explore our area while enjoying hunting for the little guys at each participating location throughout the holiday season. Cards can be picked up at each businesses that will host one of 30 Gnomes. Locate the Gnome at each location, have the business mark it off your list and when your card is complete be entered to win a holiday gift basket filled with goodies from our local retailers and services, valuing over $450. Happy Hunting!
Participating locations TBA
The New Buffalo Gnome on the Roam is a pro bono community events organized and managed by the NBBA, businesses, and volunteers in our area. Any donations or sponsorships are appropriated to the New Buffalo Business Association and activities surrounding this event. Thank you for helping to support these events!
The 2nd Annual Beer in the Buff Festival will host more than 15 Michigan breweries sampling over 60 different craft beers, ciders and meads. Food will be available for purchase inside the festival, and guests will enjoy live music from JohnnyV, Jeff Robinson and Keith Scott throughout the fest. An after party hosted by Casey’s New Buffalo will feature more craft beers from around the region and In Like Flynn Band playing for guests!
Time: 12pm -5pm (EST)
Location: Lions Park, New Buffalo, MI - Entirely Tented Event
TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE IN MARCH 2019. This is a 21 and over event. Follow us at facebook.com/beerinthebuff for more info
– Entirely Tented Event - rain or shine
– Clothing Required (In the Buff is reference to New Buffalo)
– This is a 21 and over only
– Valid ID is REQUIRED regardless of age
– No tickets sold at the door
– Free parking at the beach
– No dogs allowed unless service animal
List of Breweries Attending (more to come)
Haymarket Pub & Brewery, Greenbush Brewing Co., Silver Harbor Brewing Company, Saugatuck Brewing Company, Round Barn Winery, Distillery & Brewery, Tapistry Brewing, North Pier Brewing Company, Arclight Brewing Company, Blake’s Hard Cider Co., Black Dragon Meadery, Perrin Brewing Company, Maplewood Brewery & Distillery, Grand Armory Brewing, Old Nation Brewing Co., Sister Lakes Brewing and Lazy Ballerina Winery
Special Guest for VIP: Journeyman Distillery
Ticket prices and offerings:
$70 + fee VIP Enthusiasts Package includes:
• Entrance 1 hour early (12pm)
• Special or exclusive beers tastings (12-1pm)
• Journeyman Distillery spirit tastings (12-1pm)
• Special Giveaway from Journeyman Distillery (entered automatically when Tix purchase)
• Commemorative beer glass
• Exclusive Beer in the Buff T-shirt
• 12 tasting tickets after VIP time (3oz pours)
$40 + fee General Entrance
• Entrance from 1-5pm
• Commemorative beer glass
• 10 tasting tickets (3oz pours)
$10 +fee Designated Drivers
• Unlimited pop and water
Drink Ticket Policy:
Beer in the Buff Fest utilizes drink tickets and specially marked cups to assure that we comply with Michigan Liquor Control Commission regulations. Festival attendees are expected to willingly provide a ticket for each and every sample of beer received. We appreciate your cooperation.
12 (VIP), 10 (General) drink tickets are included with admission and each drink token is redeemable for a 3 oz. sample of beer. Additional tickets can be purchased at the festival - 12 tickets for $10, 24 tickets for $20.
**Ticketing (Please Read!)**
This is a ticketed event, and all tickets must be purchased in advance. No tickets will be sold at the gate. Each ticket is unique. Only purchase tickets through Eventbrite. Do not purchase second-hand tickets from third-party sellers as they may be counterfeit fakes that will not grant you entrance to the event. When you arrive at the event, you will have your ID checked and then your ticket will be scanned. Everyone will be provided a color wristband based on their ticket purchase - VIP Noon to 1pm, General Admission will be allowed in right at 1pm.
Site design by Fusion Design Group, LTD