The 2016 schedule of events for New Buffalo was rolled out today and a call for vendors, music, food, and volunteers has started for all the major events.
The New Buffalo Business Association has been working hard on the 2016 schedule to offer a diverse event calendar for our community, visitors, and participants. With a growing community population, tourists visiting our area (both second home-owners and day trippers), and annual events that stretch our season into the holidays, the New Buffalo area continues to prove its popularity as a destination for many each year. Our events and schedule includes smaller one-day events to large weekend festivals – there is something for everyone.
- Feb 6th - Bev’s Ball - Journeyman Distillery, 6:30pm ~ Celebrate the Second Season with the NBBA with a “Roaring 20’s Speakeasy” Gala. Dinner, Drinks, Dancing to live music and a huge silent auction. $85 per person
- May 28th – Sept 3rd – Saturday Nights Alive ~ each Saturday, live music from 6-8pm at the corner of Whittaker/Merchant St. Schedule TBA
- June 2nd – Sept 8th - Merchant Street Market – corner of N. Whittaker and Merchant St. The corner of Whittaker and Merchant St comes alive each week with produce, vendors, food, music, and interactive activities to liven up downtown New Buffalo.
- June – Oct 1st, Wednesday of each month – New Buffalo Classic Car Cruise-IN ~ Returning for its second year, the Classic Car Cruise-In has quickly become an iconic event for people that own, love, enjoy classic cars. Free, family friendly and causal environment.
- June 25th & 26th - 5th Annual New Buffalo ARTigras Art & Craft Fest ~ Downtown ~ 5th Annual ART & Craft Market in downtown, includes Art & Craft Exhibitors/Demos, kids section, “Chalk the Walk” and live music on Merchant and Thompson Street in downtown New Buffalo.
- June 29th – July 4th – Independence Celebration Week ~ Beach and Lions Park - Weds - Fri – Daily Surf Demos at the beach by Third Coast Surf and Sand Sculpture Demos, Sat, 2nd – 8-11am – Big Smiles 5K run at Lions Park, Sat, 2nd –Movies at the Beach @Dusk, Sun, 3rd–7-12pm - Music, Food and Fireworks at Lions Park
- August 12th - 14th – 32nd Annual New Buffalo Ship and Shore Festival ~ Downtown ~ Celebrate over 30 years of the New Buffalo Ship & Shore Festival. The event is a 3 days festival of music, wine/beer tent, marketplace, kids activities, contests, lighted boat parade, fireworks, pancake breakfast, 5k run and more. All along the lakefront and downtown New Buffalo.
- October 8th, Saturday - 11th Annual Harvest & Wine Fest ~ Lions Park ~ In it’s 11th year, Harvest & Wine has grown from just a few hundred people to over 7,000 in attendance for this one day festival of music, wine/tasting and shopping with our fabulous vendors, Columbus Day weekend at our lakefront park.
- November 25-26 - Christmas on Whittaker - various location in and around New Buffalo, including Santa visits, parade, cocoa, caroling, tree lighting and more. schedule TBA
- Late November – Early December – Kris Kringle Markets ~ Please call 312-965-9114 regarding interest, dates and locations
- The Refabulous Girls Market ~ The market pops-up several times per year at different retail locations in New Buffalo and surrounding areas. If you are a woman-owned, hand crafted up-cycle company, please call 312-965-9114 regarding interest, dates and locations. All markets are indoors, $10 per event
For applications and information on our events, please contact email@example.com for details
Site design by Fusion Design Group, LTD