January 1, 2018
The New Buffalo Business Association would like to thank you for your support over the last year. While the NBBA has most recently provided event/activities and general marketing while encouraging economic activity for our members businesses, the NBBA leadership has determined it is time to take a larger look at what the NBBA provides, does and creates for our community and the impact we help provide.
In 2018 the NBBA will be changing its structure to allow the leadership to focus on the larger picture along to help aligning the organization to the needs of New Buffalo.
• Cathi Rogers will step away from the Executive Director roll and focus on managing all events and community involvement for the NBBA.
• Adam Burck will be contracted as a Professional Strategic Planner for the year.
• The board will consist of 5 returning board members along with 2-3 new board members. Local stakeholders will be invited to join in on a SCAN-FOCUS-ACT Strategy
process throughout the year.
• Membership input and feedback will be sought to ensure that we are determining needs for our members and businesses in and around New Buffalo.
• The Board will implement the plan and goals including alignment and/or restructure based on needs for New Buffalo and Community by Dec 31, 2018
Goals for 2018
• Review and create more value for our members
• Look into funding of Economic Impact Study of events for New Buffalo
• Continue to strengthen our relationship with the City and Township to create more positive activities and events to support our community all year
• Assist the Downtown Development Authority and Corridor Improvement Authority with long-term program initiatives
• Help to support other non-profits in our area
NBBA Member Benefits
• Advertising opportunities with our city map and other regional marketing guides
• Reach over 15,000 visitors yearly with your printed material, restocked weekly in the
NBBA Information Booth in downtown New Buffalo
• Event based and Annual sponsor opportunities for over 40 days of events in our area (reaching over 35,000 attending annually and over 100,000 in marketing campaigns) packages include corporate logos, signage, giveaways, free or discounted booth space, digital and print marketing in IL, IN and MI markets
• Revamp of NewBuffalo.org website for easier navigation and offerings in our community
• Networking gatherings include: introducing new and current members, providing updates on plans in New Buffalo and meeting NBBA and City of New Buffalo leadership.
• Social media pages - Facebook (NewBuffalo Page), weekly postings, members’ announcements/specials/events, call out of new members, sponsors, and special highlights in the New Buffalo community. NBBA event specific pages (over 10,000 visitors to pages) including boosted posts to specific demographics. Instagram – posting of events and community images.
• Local and Regional marketing of New Buffalo, events and the community as a place to enjoy, relax, and visit
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to a new year of exciting possibilities and in working with all our members to help New Buffalo grow.
Respectfully, Karen Poff President, Board of Directors
Site design by Fusion Design Group, LTD